You are dynamic, results-oriented and able to work in teams.
The NPCC is strengthening its man power and is looking for:
AN ACCOUNTS OFFICER
The incumbent will have to contribute to the efficient and effective functioning of the day-to-day financial and accounting operations of the organisation and the day to day recording, and maintenance of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting.
· To verify and issue invoice, payment vouchers and purchase orders and invoices.
· To ensure the timely and accurate maintenance of the financial books and records of the organisation
· To ensure timely and accurate processing of cash management, accounts payable and accounts receivable; and proper handling of all tax matters and timely filing of all tax return of the organisation
· To prepare replenishment of petty cash and cheque and update log books accordingly
· To issue/post receipts for payments received
· To preparing payment vouchers, utilities, cheque, cash lodgements and remittance advice
· To perform basic procurement tasks
· To maintain accurate and complete files and comply with the organisational framework of the organisation.
· To assist in the preparation of payroll
· To maintain accounting database on a computerised system
· To carry out reconciliation of accounts
· To monitor and ensure proper functioning of the internal control system
· To keep abreast of new tools to improve the accounting process for effective service delivery
· To act as Brand Ambassador for the NPCC
· To participate and assist in the activities of the NPCC.
· A Degree or a Diploma in Finance/Accounting/or ACCA Level 2 or any other equivalent qualification relevant to the field and acceptable to the Council.
· Cambridge Higher School Certificate.
· At least 2-3 years‟ proven experience in the Accounting and Finance Department
21 200 x 600 – 23 600 x 800 – 31 600 x 1000 – 38 600 x 1250 – 46 100 x 1 500 – 49 100
1. The post will be on the Permanent and Pensionable Establishment with an initial probation period of 12 months (Conditions apply).
2. The candidate will normally join the starting point of the Salary Scale.
3. The retained candidate will benefit from a Medical Insurance Cover and 24 hours General Insurance Scheme.
4. Applicants are required to submit a motivation letter of not more than 300 words, in own handwriting describing the reason for their application and the plus value they will bring to the NPCC.
5. Vacancy is opened for applicants of the Republic of Mauritius only.
6. Application form can be downloaded from the NPCC website www.npccmauritius.org or collected at the reception desk of the NPCC at below address:
3rd Floor, The Catalyst
Silicon Avenue, Cybercity
7. Application received in forms other than that designed by the NPCC will not be considered. Additional leaflets if required may be attached to the Application.
8. The closing date for submission of applications is Friday 18 December 2020 by 14:00
9. For any enquiry you may contact Mrs A Lebrasse / Mr J Pem at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 467 77 00
The NPCC reserves the right not to make any appointment following this advertisement.
Click here to download the application form.